Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Kate's Reading Adventure... The Best Books of 2013

Okay, I think I am about to go into withdrawal. I already have Divergent downloaded on my Kindle to start tomorrow. Over the last few days, the blog has had much reflection as I took time to think about how the books impacted me this year.

As most of the last few post have taken time to reflect on the adventure as a whole, this post is for the books (and maybe a few stats).

Without further ado, throughout the 31,000+ pages here are my thoughts on the books!

The Longest Book: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, J. K. Rowling
The Shortest Book: The Wastleland, Prudfrock, and Other Poems T.S. Elliot
Best Fiction: The Alchemist Pauelo Coleho
Best Classic: Lord of the Flies William Golding
Best Series: Harry Potter ( but new series Heroes of Olympus)
Best Non-Fiction: Half the Sky
Best Memoir/Biography:  The Art of Racing in the Rain Garth Stein
Best Life Help Book: Tuesday with Morrie
Most Challenging Book ( but amazing): The Book Thief
Book Everyone Should Read At Least Once:  To Kill A Mockingbird Harper Lee
Worst Book: Beloved Toni Morison and The Casual Vacancy J. K. Rowling

Other Favorite Books:
The Color Purple Alice Walker
Fault of Our Stars John Green
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood Rebecca Wells
FISH Stephen Lundin
Outliers Malcolm Gladwell

With this post I say the end to 2013. I will be back in 2014, but the blog may look a little different. I wish you all a wonderful New Year in 2014.

Happy Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment