Friday, December 27, 2013

When a Book restores your Faith of Humanity

16101121It is hard to believe 2013 is coming to an end and with that my 100 book challenge. They say it is good to saved the best for last and I think The World's Strongest Librarian is one of the best books I have read this year.  In Josh Hanagarne's memoir, he tells a story of battling Tourette's, finding his faith, and the importance of family. 

While memoirs tend to be good reads, Josh captivates the readers with his easy-following tone and quirky personal stories. His earliest childhood memories are retold and continued up until the book is published. I finished the book wanting to read more stories. These are my favorite books. When the author speaks to me like a friend, I am forever a fan.

If anyone needs a pick-me up or wants to remember the power of family or the good in an individual, I would highly recommend this book. (Thanks to numerous other book bloggers for finding this gem!) It is a great read!

Off to dive into a little philosophy before I end the year with Tolkien!

Happy Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment