Saturday, October 12, 2013

Learning how to FISH!

Fish!: A Remarkable Way to Boost Morale and Improve ResultsI can't remember when I heard about the FISH philosophy the first time, but I do know when I fully understood and appreciated the philosophy was during our Leadership Guide training at UT and it changed much of my perception on interacting with others. During this time I watched the video and went through some of the facilitation exercises. I finally read the short book that started it all, and it was amazing. FISH! A Remarkable Way to Boost Morale, by Stephen Lundin 

The book center's around a work/morale philosophy that started at the famous Pike Place Fish Market. In this story Mary Jane has to revamp her department's culture. After a visit to Pike Place, she meets Lonnie and readers get an inside view of how she implemented FISH and changed office morale and their corporate culture.

While this may seem like a business management book, it is not. It is practical advice about how to not be the victim, seize the moment, and enjoy the day. I love this book. Everyone should explore the FISH Philosophy. Here is their official website: FISH! (There is a clip of the video here)

For me it started with a video. While it is hard to remember these ideas everyday, I know my weeks are better when I do.  Seeing the impact of choosing your attitude,being present, PLAY, and making someone's day is amazing. Try it!

Happy Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment