Monday, November 25, 2013

When Dogs are Personified

The Art of Racing in the RainThe Art of Racing in the Rain has been mentioned and recommend to me more times than I care to recall over the last 5 years. It is about a dog, and I am not super crazy about dogs so I skipped it. Wow, it is a truly moving, sad, well-written story. I almost gave this book five stars. First, Enzo, the dog is the narrator and recounts this heart-wrenching family story from his eyes. Human emotions are personified through his eyes as he protects his family of Denny, Eve, and Zoe through unimaginable events. The racing theme carries a nice subplot throughout the book.

Overall, Garth Stein creates memorable characters and a great plot. I highly recommend this book to all.

And now on the Walden and Civil Disobedience.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment