Monday, December 23, 2013

When the Silver Screen ruins the book

It is beginning to look at lot like Christmas, and in the true Christmas spirit, I read Charles Dickens famous A Christmas Carol-This weekend. It is a truly short read (less than 100 pages), but I am not sure  how I feel about this  book. I have seen about every version of the movie Christmas Carol. I know the story backwards and forwards, but I truly appreciated how Dickens conveyed character's feeling along with slight political commentary throughout the book. However, since I knew the story oh so well, I had to make an effort to compare it over and over with any of the movies.
608987
A Christmas Carol is a book everyone should read at least once, but be sure to not compare it with the movies.

And then there were four. I am finishing up a book tonight and am racing to the finish line for the last 3 books. 
( I read the version with Chimes and Cricket on the Hearth. I skimmed both of these books. They were both interesting twist on Christmas tales. I think I may go back and re-read them.)
Happy Reading and Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment