Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Clowning Around and Burning Books-The Last Books of January

In case you haven't noticed, there is a nationwide flu epidemic occurring. While I have avoided the flu, I did manage to catch a nasty sinus infection. Reading and blogging have been slow this week. I did finish Killing Lincoln, and I'm about half way done with The Night Circus.

Now, this is my second time to start The Night Circus. Many people were reading it- book clubs, review groups. I just wasn't sure what it was all about. I read about 90 pages and thought it was odd. This time around, it is much better, but I have some advice. Watch the dates at the top of the page. Sometimes that is your only clue that the story is operating in different times. The layout of the heading chapters also gives you clues to the book.

In the Night Circus two older illusionist great a challenge to train and prove their younger students. The Night Circus becomes the venue. Reality is suspended in this 1880s-1900 based novel. That is as far as I am now. Go on and check it out!

The last official book of January will be Fahrenheit 451. I am so excited. As a high school student, it was one of my favorite books. Guy Montag adventure of self-discovery and a world where we can think is always a story I can read again.

At the end of the month or beginning of February, I will start Strengths-Based Leadership. (I encourage everyone to by the online version. Then you will have the code to take StrenghQuest and fine your Strengths) 

That is all for now! Thanks for all your support. This weekend, I will list the list of February books.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment