Sunday, December 1, 2013

When A Book Grows on You

MiddlesexThere are certain books that everyone should read at least once to better understand the world. Middlesex was one of those books for me. While I was not sure how I felt about the book as I was reading it, Jeffery Eugenines puts together a story of misunderstood population that is both memorable and intriguing.

Callie becomes Cal as a family secret is discovered, and a world is discovered. While I have read and become familiar with some different lifestyles, this literary piece is an amazing piece of work to show the emotions involved.

The allusions to Greek literature and the historical references are great. While parts of the book are just weird and hard to relate, I am glad I read this book. It puts the world in perspective.

December Books are coming up. I was traveling and all.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment