Monday, December 30, 2013

Next Steps

Tonight, I will crawl in bed and read for the last night of the 100 book challenge. I have about 100 pages of LOTR appendices to read. It has been an amazing ride. It is such a great feeling to know I accomplished this goal. Thanks to all my family and friends who supported me along the way. Facebook you have been an awesome way to connect so many friends and family to the blog.

As I look forward to 2014, I am taking time to create life goals and reading goals. While I do not plan on reading 100 books next year, I think I am going to read 52 books. I have spent much time debating about how to handle the blog. While I will keep my Goodreads shelf pretty up-to date with books I am reading, I think I am only going to post 3-4 times a year about the books I am reading. I have other goals and interest that I want to spend on 2014. However, I have enjoyed sharing my thoughts with you all. Maybe I will change my mind. 

A few Baltimore friends have asked if I would start a book club. I think I am going to put a few feelers out to friends in the area to see who is going to be interested ( I am already in one and joining another in 2014). We will see how this adventure goes.

Finally, I am so excited for some of my reads in 2014. Throughout the year many books were recommended to me. I also just had some I wanted to read. Here are some of the books I know I am reading in 2014:

Divergent Veronica Roth
The Goldfinch Donna Tartt
The Game of Thrones George Martin

Here is a link with my 2014 shelf
With that the year is almost done. Tomorrow, I will post a recap of Return of the King and the Top Books of 2013. 

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment