Saturday, December 14, 2013

I was dancing with my darling... to the Tennessee Waltz

A Streetcar Named Desire... I mean Tennessee Williams. Ahh I know it has been over a week since I have updated the blog. The good news is that by the end of the weekend I should be all caught up on the blog and reading ( I am only about 1/2 book behind on reading!)

The holiday season is full of busy times, friends, family, socials, shopping, and not much down time. I am feeling it this time of year. When I usually read late at night or early in the morning, I just want to crawl into bed and sleep.

Already this month, I read two books that are not on the blog. Keeping with tradition, they will get their own post (today).

While I have seen Tennessee Williams's  A Streetcar Named Desire in person, I was surprised by the quality of writing and emotions that came across in the written drama. Plays are not always the easiest to read, but this was great. Stella, Stanley, and Blanche come alive.

It is a story of passion, love, southern culture, and family. All in all a great quick read.

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment