Saturday, October 19, 2013

Percy is Back

While I love Harry Potter, there is another Young Adult fantasy series that I love: Percy Jackson and the Olympians and then Heroes of Olympus. I have read all of the first series and the fourth book of the second series came out last week, The House of Hades.
The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus, #4)
I finished this book last week, but I have waited almost a week to blog. It is hard to share my thoughts on this particular book without taking into account the entire series. I am not even sure where to start except to say that I loved the book and love how Rick Riordian creates stories. Each plot weaves into a grand story that has an epic conclusion. The story and characters have been great.

While I would not recommend to start with this book, I would highly recommend the series as a whole and to start: The Lightning Thief . Percy knows he is different. He eventually is taken to Camp Half Blood where he learns he is a demigod and saves the world multiple times throughout the first series. Each has a purpose. The second series ties in Camp Jupiter and Roman Mythology. If you like mythology, young adult, or just a good story, I encourage you to check it out.

Finished Ender's Game this weekend. Starting Morrie in His Own Words.

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment