Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Reflecting back.. the First 50

Can you believe that 6 months ago I decided to start reading 100 books in one year? It has been quite a journey and an adventure. Whether it is a conversation stater, a laugh, or just sometime to read a great book that I have always wanted to read, I have truly enjoyed the last 6 months!

If you want to see what books were read by month, check out this link.

Like any adventure, life doesn't always go as plan. I almost always swap out at least one book because I didn't have time to go find it or I just didn't have time to read that many books that month. Life happens. Plans change, a trip comes up, you get sick, other parts of your life need more time. That is okay. During this first month, I had to find of balance of making reading and the blog important, but not the center of my world. (Some people will attest to the fact that I do always have a  book in my bag though)

Many of the books have been amazing and have shaped my perceptions. I often get asked what were some of my favorites. That is so hard because I love to read, but here are my top 12.


Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone  (all of them)
Life of Pi
To Kill a Mockingbird
Lord of The Flies
Outliers: The Story of Success
Half the Sky
Blackberry Winter
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
Tuesday with Morrie
The Book Thief
The Alchemist 
What Color is Your Parachute?


As you can see the blog has had some updates. I am still in the process of adding pictures to my favorite post and cleaning up tags and labels to them all. I know I know. I need to spellcheck and proofread 100 times over. With that being said, over the last week I learned that there are some great book blogs out there. It has been great to see their pages and learn all the great things I can do with this blog to help others find great books.  (Maybe in a few weeks I'll try and spotlight a few of my favorites). If there is something you want me to add to the blog or if you have any suggestions please let me know. (I am going back and adding the tags: 3 star, 4 star, and 5 star to all reviews!)


Finally, I just wanted to say thank you. This is my first attempt at a blog. Everyone has been so supportive. I hope you all have found new books you want to read and rediscovered your love of reading!

And we are off to the last 50 books!


Happy Reading!


Kate



2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, I like your blog. I'm aiming to read 100 books this year too! I haven't been as organised as you about reviewing them all though. I think we read similar things though. Have a look at www.thebookworldofanne.blogspot.co.uk
    Happy reading :)
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, So sorry I missed you comment. Saw your blog and goodreads. Finally catching up on blogs this weekend though. I think I follow you now. Keeping up with the blog is the hardest part. Enjoy!
      Kate

      Delete