Thursday, December 19, 2013

Little Girls...

LolitaI have been putting off this post for a while as Lolita was one of the weirdest books I have read in a while. In this book, Humbart falls for Lo after her mother dies. Their affair shapes Lo's life as she runs into a hard dramatic life. While I can see how the book was recognized for its writing, the content was so far off, I had a hard time reading it.

It was one of my least favorite book of the year. Before I decided if I liked the characters, they were being asked to make major life decisions. As a whole, I think I could have spent my time reading other books.

Such is life. On the whole, I am glad I only have one day left of the semester at work. The holiday season is busy and fun, but hard on the reading schedule. Over the next 10 days, I will be reading mighty fast! Here we go!

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. The only good thing about this book is that it's the perfect example to break everything my students think they know about the terms protagonist and antagonist. At a young age, they are told a protagonist is a good guy and antagonist the bad guy...in most kids' stories this is true. But those aren't the real definitions. So I give a very brief description of this story as proof that Humbert is the main character but not a good guy.

    ReplyDelete