Saturday, January 26, 2013

What is Black, White and Red All Over?

9361589Well it is not a zebra who is ran through red paint or my room for that matter. The circus is coming, and it is not your ordinary circus. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern is an intricate account of illusions, deception, love, and the lasting connections our actions have on each other.

As I mentioned in a previous post, this reading was my second attempt. After finishing the book, I truly did like the story and the character development of Celia and Marco as their lives juxtaposed each other in the challenged intertwined in the circus. However, the amount of details and side stories combined with the jumping around in the time setting, made this book hard to follow at times.

I loved the brilliant description of some of the magic tents and the imagination used to create "Le Cirque des Reves" (the circus). It was truly remarkable. While this book has only been out a little over a year, in the future, I think it will climb its way atop many list as a  new classic.

I'm not sure if I agree if it is a true classic, but it is definitely a good read for any literary lover. Any writer who can make the characters and the setting and plot intertwine so closely deserve a second look. Not my favorite so far of 2013, but definitely a great read! Now onto one of my favorites: Fahrenheit 451!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment