Thursday, January 17, 2013

Presidential Weekend= Presidential Book

This week has flown by and the Presidential Inauguration is only a couple of days away. I am excited as I live close enough to DC to check out the excitement in the next few days. In preparation for the big event, I decided to learn more about another famous President and great orator, Abraham Lincoln. Bill O'Reilly's Killing Lincoln is written as a thriller, but is a factual account of the end of the Civil War and the days leading up to and after the assassination of President Lincoln.

I am about half way done with the book and it is excellent. I cannot wait to complete the book. Reflecting on the book and reading parts of history, I haven't seen since Coach's AP US History class only brings a smile to my face. I learned to study and study hard in that class. Oh how far that has taken me!

I can't wait to tell you all more about this exciting book and reflect on it in the midst of the President's own inauguration!

In other news, after looking through The Purpose Driven Life, I have decided to post pone the book until Lent starts in mid- February. It is set-up to be read over 40 days, one chapter at a time. I think this will fit nicely in with that season.

I may add in another "Life Is Great Book" at the end of the Month.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment