Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Week 2 Books- Finding the Magic

I have a confession. I no longer can count how many times I have read Harry Potter 1-5. ( You can blame college on the lack of repeat readings of 6 & 7) I love this series. It has to be one of my all time favorite series. I have easily read 1-5 over six times that I can remember, but there may be more times. The Harry Potter Series saved me and my love of reading ten years ago.

After four years of a competitive, but successful Accelerated Reader program in elementary school, I was tired of reading and stopped. Reading was no longer fun. A few years later the Harry Potter movie came out. I was amazed. I read the entire series (1-4) in a few weeks. I loved reading again. The magic was back in reading for me.

This week I am starting the series from the beginning.

Week 2
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoners of Azkaban

As I have started reading these books, it is so much fun to start the journey of rediscovering the magic and wonder of Harry Potter again. Take the time to reflect and remember the first time you discovered Muggles, Qudditch, Diagon Alley, and the wonders of Hogwarts! If you haven't read Harry Potter yet, take the time to be a kid and let your imagination run!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment