Monday, January 14, 2013

Plan, Read, Reflect, Repeat

I can't believe we are almost two weeks into the new year (and two weeks into reading) and a little over one week into the blog. It has been so much fun connecting with many of you over Facebook, Goodreads, or any other method. Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas, and opinions however you feel most confortable. For anyone taking on their own reading challenge, I hope everyone is making great progress.

In the last two weeks, I've learn a few things.

  1. Time Management is Key 
    • I'm not saying reading is necessarily a new hobby, but it does take planning and time in order to be successful. I might also add goal setting. You can't just say I want to read 100 books, you have to determine how many books to read each month as well as about how much time to spend reading each day to meet these goals.
  2. Live Life on a Give and Take Spectrum
    • So you may not meet your target reading goal every night or eat the perfect diet every day. A friend may come in town or someone may cancel dinner plans. Don't be so hard on yourself for daily goals that you miss the fun in life. The end goal and happiness is way more important (but never get to far behind)
  3. Bring People with You on Your Adventure
    • Any adventure, challenge or goal is more fun when you are sharing it with others. I am floored by the number of views the blog has had. Even better many of you have joined Goodreads and I have had the pleasure of taking a peak at what many of you are reading. Keep reading, sharing, and joining me on my adventure. I promise we will all have fun.
  4. Never Try and Pick Out All of Your Books at Once
    • Goodreads is like Pinterest for readers. There are over 1 million books and counting on the site. The more time I spend looking through list, friends books, and recommendations, the more books I want to read. While about eighty percent of the books on my 100 books shelf will stay, I think I may swap a few books that are also on my to-read shelf. Only time will tell.

It has been a great few weeks of reading. I am almost through with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

As Week 3 approches, I am excited to start The Purpose Driven Life and Killing Lincoln!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment