Tuesday, January 15, 2013

When Liked Turned to Loved

5Do you remember when you finally bought into the Harry Potter hype? I saw the first movie during its 2001 premiere. By Christmas I had just finished Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. This was no longer a silly little series. It was an epic battle that I had to know the end and where each turn would take the characters.

For me Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban turned the series into a classic. In the book, we finally see Ron and Hermione develop into their own separate identities. Some of my favorite wizards are introduced in this book, Lupin, Sirius, and Fred and George (further developed).  As the series grows in complexity so does their importance.

Sirius Black long connection with the Potter family allows the readers to begin to see James and Lily Potter and truly how much Harry is like his father. While reading the book the first time, I truly hated Sirius. How could he have betrayed his friends? Then when the full story is revealed, I was almost in tears with joy in seeing the puzzle come together.

While there are many take aways from this story, I hope you remember you can change your fate. Your choices make you who you are. It is impossible to predict the future and one change, one challenge, one decision can send ripples through the future.

That is all for now as I do not want to give the entire book away. It is full of turns, escapes, rats, and unbelievable magic! Enjoy and take the time to fall in love with the Harry Potter series!

Happy Reading!

(PS: For all my anti-Harry Potter fans, this is it for January Harry Potter.)


No comments:

Post a Comment