Friday, September 20, 2013

Gladwell..Round 2

The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big DifferenceA few days ago, I finished Malcolm Gladwell's The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference.  It was a good book, but it was not earth-shattering. I loved Outliers, but The Tipping Point, I realized, was full of ideas and concepts I had heard and learned most of my adult life. A few people can influence thousands. One change can impact many. I studied marketing and communication in undergrad, and these brillant ideas are researched in school.

I am not saying his anctodotal stories are not great, but I think this book has changed over the last ten years. Social media and technology has revolutionized the impact of connectors and maverns. We are no longer six degrees away from any one person, but closer to two or three.

Overall, if you want to understand the value of an idea and influence, read the book. Otherwise, I think this book has been updated over the last few years.

Happy Reading!

Finishing Kite Runner soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment