Monday, September 30, 2013

The Classic Key to a Girl Becoming a Woman

Are You There God? It's Me, MargaretGrowing up, I loved to read Judy Blume. I read many of her books growing up. Somehow I missed Are you There God, It's Me Margaret? When I started reviewing list of must read books, It came up multiple times. I decided it was time to check out this classic.

Blume as always does an amazing job blending together a short plot and character development with few pages. She leaves the reader wanting more. Even better, every girl and woman can relate to her coming of age story of "becoming a woman." Finally, her religious crisis and need for answers reminds of that we don't always have all the answers. There is some God out there that everyone interprets differently.

It is truly a brilliant coming of age book. I encourage you to pick it up.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment