Monday, September 2, 2013

Big Brother is Watching You

1984George Orwell's 1984. I am not sure I have the words to describe this book. I both love and hate this book at the same time. Everyone should read this book at least once. Orwell articulated a negative utopia and dictatorship government so well.

Orwell balances character development with plot and interesting twist as well as a dire warning. This mixture is the key reason I love this book. Orwell truly wrote a great  book. However, the idea of a totalitarian government taking over the world, lying and manipulating the past gets under my skin. In high school, I liked this book and said that was interesting. Today, I grasp with the idea that someone could come up with these ideas of how the government could control people.

Everyone should read 1984 at least once. Everyone should understand how the government works. More importantly, 1984 highlights the important of words and literary works to show knowledge and truth. I hope this book reminds you all to read and share the power of learning!

Happy Reading! Starting  The Fault in Our Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment