Sunday, September 29, 2013

When A Book Causes Stress

Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free ProductivityMost of the time I think I am pretty productive person and manage life fairly well. I know I can always improve and streamline the process, but I make it work. When life gets crazy for future reference, I do not recommend reading a book with multiple action items that you cannot act upon immediately. David Allen's Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress Free Productivity is a good book in theory, but I am not sure people live there lives like this realistically.  Technology and instant communication drives our input range to new highs. While I agree there are some great take aways from this book, some would take days and weeks to complete stop your current system to implement.

Focus on week to do list.
Keep paper handy to empty your mind.
Create a system for managing work flow.
Act on items that can take under 2 min,
Remember a "Do it, Delegate it, or Defer it" mentality.

There is more advice in the book. All is good, but I am not sure I could suddenly implement this all this week. Hence this book stressed me out reading, but it was a good read. Overall, check it out if you want to know more.

Finished Are You There God It is Me Margaret? I hope to put the post up in the morning.

Hard to believe September is almost over.

Happy Reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment