Sunday, March 10, 2013

Secret Societies, Young Love, Mysteries!

2It is hard to believe that it has been almost 10 years since I made my dad take me to Wal-Mart and buy Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix at midnight (In my small town TN home this was the only place that sold books)
I literally grew up with Harry Potter. I was 15 almost 16 when this book came out. Harry Potter is synonymous with my generation. When I think back to my high school days, no we did not have Quiddich or Defense Against the Dark Arts, but we did have arguments with friends, late night study sessions over magic (aka this thing we now call technology), and truly great relationships and support from friends, family and teachers.

JK Rowling ability to integrate human emotions into this magical world while still creating everyday situations is what made Harry Potter such a classic. Looking closer at book 5, pieces of this great quest begin to unravel as Hermione, Harry, and Ron dig deeper into the Order of the Phoenix past, present and future while  learning more about the great prophecy of the past. 

In my mind, books 1-4 were test of moral character for Harry and the gang. Dumbledore is too worried about protecting Harry to let life take it's course. Book 5 takes a deep dive into the dark world of the war of Good versus Evil that starts to ensue. All characters fight and lose there innocence by the end of the book. The stage is set  for the final two books and the great battles of Harry Potter versus Lord Voldemort. 


While I know Harry Potter is not for everyone, there is truly mysteries, murder, love triangles, magic, laughter, heartbreak, adventure, and much more in all of the books... Everyone should read the series as least once or twice (or 10 times)

Happy Reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment