Sunday, March 24, 2013

Learning That Your Reading List Grows As Well..

This week has been a great week for reading. Not only did I make great progress with my reading adventure, but I was able to find a great sale at a local book store and buy 11 books.

5148This weekend I read two books from my freshman year of high school reading list: A Separate Peace and Tuesday with Morrie. 10 years ago, I realized one of my many great English teachers pushed me to take all of the meaning and symbolism in these great stories. For the longest time, A Separate Peace was one of my favorite books because of the lessons I learned about life, friendship, competition, and coming of age. Looking back at this book, I realize that it truly is a greatly written book on the false peace at home during WWII. 
In the story, Gene and Phineas attended the all boy school, Devon. Through tragedy  triumph and coming of age they watch the war from afar as they work to find their own Peace in their safe bubble at Devon. After reading this book 10 years later in my 20s, I realize the world is a cruel place. The peace created in the book is all idealized. All of the characters have serious flaws which make the book better and each boy more realistic.

All in all everyone should read this book at least once in their life.

Happy Reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment