Tuesday, October 29, 2013

RED RUM

The ShiningPlease pass the...Rum.. that is about how I feel after reading Stephen King's The Shining. In a true Halloween spirit, I read two haunting stories back to back. Not the brightest idea I have ever had. I am not impressed with either.

Parts of the book make you squirm and turn every page. Other parts of the book I was left wondering how in the world this related to the story. Additionally, after about 400 pages into the book, I figured out most of the story (200 pages in I figured out over half of the story). E for effort, but I have heard there are other King books that are better.

Stephen King is known for being a wonderful writer. I am just not sure I like horror writing. I think I will give him another chance...

Now I am reading Why are all the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?  It is hard to believe the end is in site. I will post November books soon!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment