Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Look at Death

Morrie: In His Own WordsMorrie Schwartz is a truly amazing guy. Confronted with ALS he wanted to share with the world wisdom on Death and Life. While some people were introduced to him through his TV interviews, for me I met him through Mitch Albom's book Tuesday with Morrie (see blog post). I was so excited to learn he wrote down his own thoughts and words in a book called: Morrie: In His Own Words.

Morrie: In His Own Words is a great reflection on Life and Death. It is literally written on his death bed. With that being said, it was a little hard to read. It was a little dark and sad. The message is good, but I would read this in context with Tuesday with Morrie to understand his story. Good advice though!

Sorry this post is about a week late, I was distracted. I just finished up Beloved and I am about half-way done with The Shining. My goal is to finish The Shining and Why are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria. I will then have 18 books left for the last two months of the year. Exciting!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment