Sunday, October 20, 2013

Weird Can be Good

Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1)First off, I guess I should apologize or make a disclaimer. I did not realize how much fantasy fiction I was cramming into one month.  If I hear a famous book is becoming a movie, I try to read the book before the movie comes out. Ender's Game comes out in 10 days; I guess I cut it pretty close since I just finished the book Saturday morning.

Everyone should read this book. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card is a truly remarkable book. It was written in the late 1970s. After reading The Hunger Games and looking into some other child against the government books, I can see how much the book has influence other writings.  In the book, population is controlled. Kids can be given to the government. Ender was born for this very purpose. While the book starts off very weird and confusing, the development and growth in the story is amazing. Card crafted a great science fiction novel. The technology of the time was just starting to move forward. The book was so advanced.

All in all it is a great book. Take time to appreciate the moment, and read the book before the movie comes out!

Finished.. Morrie in His Own Words and Starting The Shinning!

Happy Reading!

1 comment: