Thursday, June 27, 2013

Let me use my super-human powers for good...

The Rook (The Checquy Files, #1)Page one. Myfanwy Thomas is in a new body, well kind of. Then a story of supernatural powers, mystery, government agencies, and treason emerges.  I read all 480 pages of O'Malley's The Rook and am surprised by how much praised it has received. It was a good book, it was not a great book. The plot was heavy in details and you are left with a story that is so far fetch you cannot believe. I was a little disappointed as I wanted a page turner.

I might be a little hard on this book because I am not a huge fan of paranormal or crime. This book has both. It held my attention, but it started to get out a hand with a little bit of  " I can make a bigger twist than you" mentality. Read it especially if you like mystery/crime novels.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment