Thursday, June 20, 2013

Books are not quite the same as they were in 1924

A Passage to India
Photo credit:Goodreads
So I finally finished a Passage to India by E. M. Forster. Wow, this is one of the hardest books I've read in a while. America is different, India is different, Great Britain is different. This book is ten steps back on culture, race, and women relations.

In A Passage to India, Miss Quested wrongly accuses Dr. Aziz of misconduct while he takes Ms. Moore and Miss Quested on an adventure into the India caves. What results is the portrayal of Indian and British relations during the Indian revolution from British rule.

This is a long book. You feel like you are traveling through India. This was not one of my favorite books as the writing was great but heavy on the detail. The content and context of the material has changed so in many areas from the US to India and everywhere in between.

Fielding and his moral compass in the book is a bright spot. Many times I take some time and I have more to say about a book. With this book, I struggled to put to words exactly how I felt. It was okay. I am not sure I would ever read it again.

I am finishing Outliers today!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment