Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A little dark with purpose

The Lovely Bones may have been one of the more talked about books of my high school and college days. I have been an avid reader most of my life and I always avoided this book. Everyone seems to have read it and liked it.

The Lovely BonesI now can say I join this club. Susie Salmon is kidnapped and murdered within the first 20-30 pages of the book. She then leads her family and close friends to the killer and then how to come to peace with this difficult time. While this book is not traditional in any form or fashion, it has enough plot and story line to keep non-readers entertained, but it has enough depth and meaning to keep the serious readers appeased. I was impressed. Overall, the book was great. To see a family fall apart, yet carefully come together was brilliant.

Alice Sebold did an amazing job with this difficult topic and text. While this is not my favorite book because of this topic,  I do believe most people will like it! Go check it out!

I just finished Dan Brown Inferno.

Happy Reading... starting on The Wind in the Willows

No comments:

Post a Comment