Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Saga Continues

The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2)
After a week, I finally finished LOTR: Two Towers. It was much tougher to read as it packs many details and story lines into a few days. Additionally, the first battle scenes occur in this book. Battle scenes are hard for me to read in any book, much less fantasy. It is important to remember that book is written in two sections: one that focuses on the Journey of the majority of the Fellowship and the other is on Sam and Frodo's battle into Mordor to destroy the ring. Parts of this book are amazing and you do not want to put it down. Others are so hard to read. I am glad I have read it, but I think it would have been more exciting if I would have read it before the movies came out.  I am ready to read the Return of the King to finish the series in December. 

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment