Thursday, February 21, 2013

Satire.. The Good and Bad

I am America (And So Can You).... Stephen Colbert take on how to live your life, to live the American Dream, and to read a book.

I am America (And So Can You!)I guess I knew what I was getting to when I picked up this book. I have to admit although I like the Colbert report it was not my favorite book. Half of the topics, comments, and ideas and right on point and  even address issues directly that are usually brushed off ( class relations, sex, gender distinctions).  However, in addressing these hot button issues he says what he thinks without any regard to the larger life picture.

On the other hand, many people will take this book word for word as the golden way to approach life. Stephen Colbert will laugh and you and so will I. One of the best parts of this books is figuring out the literary and political satire. Colbert jumps around so much though it is hard to tell which part is which or where the book is going.

Overall, I would say this is an okay fast read. Not my favorite book, but would make a decent table read.

Now off to explore another adventure book in Gulliver's Travels!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment