Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Leadership Books and Finding Your Stengths

5973885So it is has been a few days since I have blogged. I work in higher education and the Spring semester is back in full swing. It turns out, my lunch break is as structure these days and it just has busy all around. Additionally, my home town has just won the Super Bowl (Ravens are ok but I love my Manning boys~ Go Broncos and Giants)

Hopefully, I'll be back in the swing of things. I haven't stopped reading. To start off the month, I finished Strength-Based Leadership. While I took the test before it was great to see the results and read through the book.

For those of you who are not familiar with Strengths Quest, I strongly encourage you all to take the assessment. The premise in much of the book is successful organization invest time and energy in developing and understanding the strengths of their teams. One person does not have to have all areas, but the team needs all areas to succeed.

Overall, although, the Strength-Based Leadership book was good, it is not the best Leadership book I have ever read or most thought provoking, but it does has some good material.

Happy Reading!- Almost done with Great Gatsby

(PS for those who know me well, many will find my own personal Strengths entertaining and a mirror of my life)
From Clifton StrengthsFinder


Achiever
People who are especially talented in the Achiever theme have a great deal of stamina and work hard. They take great satisfaction from being busy and productive.

Input
People who are especially talented in the Input theme have a craving to know more. Often they like to collect and archive all kinds of information.

Learner
People who are especially talented in the Learner theme have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.

Arranger
People who are especially talented in the Arranger theme can organize, but they also have a flexibility that complements this ability. They like to figure out how all of the pieces and resources can be arranged for maximum productivity.

Focus
People who are especially talented in the Focus theme can take a direction, follow through, and make the corrections necessary to stay on track. They prioritize, then act

No comments:

Post a Comment