Thursday, February 14, 2013

What works for you? Finding your own time to reflect.

Two post in one lunch. Catching up on the week.

 While this is a reading blog and I will spend most of my blog post writing about my 100 books, one of my books was chosen specifically to follow along with Lent. This week starts one of the most important times in the Christian calendar in Lent.

While I may not pray or read the Bible every night, I do take special care and effort to read and reflect daily on who and was, I am will be and how God led me to this path during this special time of lent. During these 40 well 44 days of lent if you want to get technical, I take time to pray, read the Painted Prayerbook daily devotional reflection and scripture. This year, I have added reading A Purpose Driven Life into the mix.  You are suppose to only read 1 chapter a day for 40 days. (I think I will probably read 2. I am not very patient.)

So far, I agree with the big picture and though some of the details and ideas I think will be hard pressed for the modern Christian or anyone who has faced rough times in their life. Yes, everything happens for a reason. God can help you heal and find person and heal internal scars, but I am not sure this book so far is letting faith, hope, and trust align with the real world. It may be a little to fluffy for my taste. I tend to believe in a God who takes in the Good and Bad and leads us through.

Regardless of your beliefs, take the time to reflect on what is important to you and thank your god for that blessing.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment