Thursday, August 8, 2013

An Then It Was Gone...

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1)
Source:Goodreads
Summer.. what I wonderful time to test my dedication. The good news is I am write on track with reading. The bad news is.. I am at least a post behind on the blog. However, I hope to get all caught up, before I leave for a great week away this weekend.

Last week, I finished Douglas Adams: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Numerous people had recommend this book to me over the years and I kept putting it to the side. Well, in all of about 48 hours, I read this classic. It was great, weird, entertaining, bizarre, and everything in between. By no means, is it the best book I have read this year, but it is a great fast read to enjoy reading. If you ever want to laugh at yourself, the world, nature, or just the way things work, read this book.

In short, the world is destroyed. An alien saves an Earthman as they hitchhike across the Milky Way. There is a twist at the end and the book is continued into one of the more unconventional trilogies of the time.  While I am not sure I will finish the series this year, I will read it another year.

I just finished The Hobbit and plan to start Oh God! Oh God! Oh God! Young Adults Speak Out About Spirituality

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment