Sunday, July 14, 2013

A little Shakespeare in the mix

Over the years especially in college and high school, I read many of the Shakespeare classics. Some were better than others and it took some reflecting to really grab the meaning of the stories. For most of the Shakespeare's reading, I rely heavily on Shakespeare's Folger  Library editions. These editions give scene break downs, Elizabethan language interpretation, and many other great incite.

Much Ado About NothingMuch Ado About Nothing is one of Shakespeare's better known comedies. Star-crossed lovers, war, scandal, and everything in between. After the war, Leonardo  welcomes back Prince Don Pedro and his war hero Claudio. Quickly he falls in love with Leonardo's daughter Hero.  The stage is set then for another solider and friend Benedick to start courting the stubborn Beatrice.

With exciting twist and relatively easy plot to follow, Shakespeare creates great charters and fun story to read. If you like drama or classics I would take some time to read into this good play!


Happy Reading!


I know I am a little behind for July. Travels, Holiday, and just summer fun...

Maus II was amazing. I will try to blog tonight or tomorrow.  Additionally, I should finish up Out of Oz tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment