Friday, May 31, 2013

Taking a look at the 7 habits

So I think it makes since to put everything in perspective: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People has now been out for almost 25 years.

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal ChangeThere are 3 habits that revolve around improving yourself and creating a private victory and three habits surrounding the public victory of working with others. The last habit is sharpening the saw and constantly improving yourself.n

All in all I had a hard time discerning if this book shaped much of the other leadership and communication literature I have  read before or if the other literature came first.

The basic principles of emphatic communication, synergy, and win-win are all ideas that I can support.

Additionally, planning out your day and putting first things first are all great things. The way the book was written is not my favorite. There were long anecdotes about personal all-american family stories or business deals. All in all it was okay, but not my favorite.


I'm ending my crazy beach vacation. Catch 22 was not great. I will finish Lovely Bones today and then ready on the plane tomorrow.

Next week I will catch up more on the blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment