Friday, May 24, 2013

Gone...What?

8442457Currently, I am back in the real world for 3 more days. (Side note: it took me 3 days to actually publish this post. Now, I leave for the beach in the morning!) During my first beach vacation, I read The Secret and Gone Girl. Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl was a 2012 and even 2013 best seller that received so much hype. Amy and Nick may be two of the weirdest characters that I have ever seen come into literature.

With a twisting plot, characters who are not what they seem, and all in all weird book, this book does not leave you wanting more  for action. Nick and Amy live a wonderful happy life in New York. After their career's tank and the trust funds falls apart, they move back to Nick's Missouri hometown. The drama unfolds as Amy suddenly disappears on their wedding anniversary. While this can be a good beach read because of its fast pace mentality, overall the plot was just a little too cliche yet to far fetch for me.

I leave you to be the final judge.

In other news, I am leaving for the beach and will post in the morning on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People that I just finished. My week long family vacation will however include some great reading!

Below are my 4 Beach/Airplane Books for the trip. (Depending on the vacation will depend if I make it to number 4)

Catch 22
Inferno (I know I am cheating, but I can't wait!)
A Lion Among Men
The Lovely Bones

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, look forward to your Lovely Bones review! That one is on my reading list.

    ReplyDelete