Friday, May 17, 2013

Before he was POTUS

The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American DreamI'm on vacation and back at the beach. I've been able to catch up on some serious reading, but now I'm a little behind on blogging. 


Yesterday morning, I finally finished The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama.  I know, I know I'm about ten years late on this book fad, but I read it.All in all it was a good book. It was great to hear his story and see how our now current president became who he is today. However, it is interesting to hear him speak of Hope and the future and lost before he started his run.
I'm on vacation so this is a little short,  but I would say read this book if you want to learn more about Obama's history and how he was shaped by his past and each person he met, but I think his next book would have been better. It still gave me hope that one day politics can and will change though!


Happy (beach) Reading! On to Gone Girl (The Secret blog post is coming up soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment