Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Saying Good Bye... The end of Harry Potter

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)I have said in previous post that Harry Potter rescued my love of reading. In a time when I was burnt out and not sure what was going on with the world, I would read Harry Potter. Since 2001, I have read the entire series at least 3 times. I have read books 1-5 another 5 times. Harry Potter reminds us to fight for what is right that there is good in the world and amazing things can be accomplished with faith in people.

 With that being said, I would remind you that their is a dark side to Harry Potter when Ron, Hermione many other leads doubt question and lose faith in others. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is amazing. While the ministry is falling apart and Voldermort is reining terror, Hermione, Ron and Harry are on quest to discover and destroy Voldermort soul. As the book unfolds, I truly appreciated how brilliant JK Rowling is and was in developing this series.

All of the details, history, and pieces have been marvelously piece together to create a brilliant story. Now after 10 years of reading this story and watching the movies and going to the theme park, I think it is time to retire these books for a while. I have some great books to read over the next months and years. Harry Potter has earned a top spot on my shelf, but it needs to take a break for a while.

Enjoy one of my favorite series.

For a detailed review of many of JK Rowling's influences, check out Harry Potter's Bookshelf by J Granger.


Happy Reading.. about to finish Half the Sky and then on to Treasure Island..

No comments:

Post a Comment